DATA PROTECTION FORM (GDPR)
- Parents have the right to be informed about what information is held about them and their children. We need to know parent’s names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses. We also need to know children’s full names, addresses, date of birth, educational school, along with any medical and SEN requirements.
- For shows and examinations, we are then requested to send this information to the Local Authority – Bucks County Council (Child Employment Services) for BOPA licences and examination boards (ISTD – Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance) This is sent via a secure electronic file transfer system and these recipients have their own policies and procedures in place in relation to GDPR. When timetables for examinations are sent back to Claire Andrews Dance Academy no PIN Numbers or date of births will be displayed on our noticeboard.
- At any point, parents can make a request relating to their data and Claire Andrews Dance Academy will need to provide a response (within 1 month) Once a student leaves their records will remain on file for 2 years and then all information will be erased and shredded.
- All paper copies of registration forms are kept in a locked filing cabinet at Claire Andrews Dance Studio in Beaconsfield. Information from paper or scanned registration forms are transferred onto our data software system – DanceBiz which is password protected and enables us to send groups emails, have electronic registers, organise class timetables and send invoices etc. DanceBiz is fully compliant with these new regulations. Members of staff can have access to these files in case of an emergency, but all information is confidential, and records remain on site at all times.
- At shows, or any other performances outside the studio, all information will taken with us and will be locked away, and only Claire Andrews will have access to information in case of an emergency. No chaperones /parent helpers will be allowed access to any information.
- Your rights
The right to be informed – You will be informed of any reasoning as to why we are requesting data from you. We will not ask you to provide any personal information without giving a valid reason for doing so.
The right of access – You have the right to ask to see the data we have collected on you. Please contact Claire Andrews (Designated Protection Officer) on 07903657998 or email@example.com
The right to rectification – if data is inaccurate, please make us aware so that we can amend it.
The right to erasure – You have the right to have your data deleted and we will ensure this is done safely via shredding for paper documents and from all electronic storage.
The right to restrict processing – Your personal data can be restricted to only essential archive documents. Should you decide to leave Claire Andrews Dance Academy we will only store information that we have to legally store.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request any teacher notes on your child to pass on to other schools/camps.
The right to object – You have the right to object to any newsletters we may send or marketing emails/letters
We will never share personal information about your child to any third parties without obtaining your written consent.
If you want to receive a copy of the information we hold or share about your child, please contact our Data Protection Officer Claire Andrews on 07903657998 or email via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about this policy, the practices of Claire Andrews Dance Academy, or you wish to make a complaint, please contact us directly